Providing a safe and nurturing environment for your child is our number one priority. The COVID-19 testing program is mandatory for all staff and students in grades 1-8 who participate in in-person learning. It is essential that we have high levels of participation from students and staff to keep our school community safe.
We have contracted with Northshore Clinical Laboratories, a local company that specializes in COVID-19 testing for schools. The tests will be collected by trained healthcare professionals during scheduled times at your child’s home campus. The testing process is safe, quick, completely painless, confidential, and comes with no out of pocket costs to you. The collection process includes gently rotating a cotton swab along the inner cheek for a couple of seconds. Results are sent directly to you within 24-48hrs.
Based on our discussions with families and staff, these are the Key Reasons to implement a biweekly testing program:
- Testing is the most effective way to identify asymptomatic carriers of COVID-19
- We have low student vaccination rates across our campuses
- Universal testing will help protect our most vulnerable population
- Many of our students and staff live in multi-generational households and/or with medically vulnerable family members
- The PCR tests are safe, painless and 99.7% accurate
- We want to quickly identify and limit any virus spread
Please see the FAQ Document for more information about the COVID Testing Program here.
Please click here to sign the consent forms for COVID-19 testing.