Who is eligible to receive an external referral payment?
You must be an individual person (i.e., not a business entity), and a legal resident of the United States who is at least 18 years of age to participate in the Program.
Who is not eligible for an external referral payment?
The following people/entities are not eligible to participate in this program:
- Staffing/recruiting agencies or consultants, or any of their employees
- Any employee or consultant of a third-party to whom LEARN is contractually obligated to pay a fee for the hiring of an individual referred by, or working for, such third-party
- You are not eligible for an external referral payment if the candidate is referring themselves (i.e. a self-referral)
How do I receive payment if my candidate gets a job at LEARN?
If you are eligible to participate in the Program, LEARN shall pay you an external referral payment in the amount of $500 (gross) for a referral if the referral results in a successful regular full-time hire, and such referred employee:
- Acknowledges he or she was referred by you
- Completes 60 days of continuous, active employment with LEARN
- Is in good performance standing at the end of such 60 day period
- Is still employed by LEARN at the time the external referral bonus is to be paid
You must complete and return IRS Form W-9 (and any other documentation that LEARN may require) in order to receive the referral bonus. This form will be supplied to you by LEARN HR once your referred candidate has started employment with LEARN.
LEARN will process the external referral bonus in approximately 30 days after the referred employee completes the 60 days of employment mentioned above, and you have submitted the required paperwork. Payments will be made on a 1099 basis, and paid by company check from LEARN.
What is the process for referring candidates?
To refer qualified candidates, fill out the referral form and attached the referred candidate’s resume.
Referrals submitted any other way, that do not include all of the required information or that are not properly identified will NOT be eligible for this Program.
If the referred candidate appears to be a match, we will contact him or her. The referred person must acknowledge that you referred him or her, and then we will ask him or her to apply online through LEARN’s careers website.
Will I have to pay tax on my earnings?
External referral bonuses are paid pre-tax from LEARN. You are solely responsible for paying appropriate state and federal taxes on any payment received. LEARN will report referral payments to the appropriate tax authorities.
Are there any other rules and regulations for the referral process?
- One candidate maximum per submission.
- Positions qualifying for LEARN’s external referral bonus program are limited to all regular full-time positions listed on AppliTrack at the time of your referral.
- In the event that more than one person refers the same candidate and such candidate is hired by LEARN, the external referral bonus will be awarded to the first referrer as determined at LEARN’s sole and absolute discretion.
- You must be at least eighteen (18) years old at the time you make a referral to participate.
- You must reside in the United States and have a valid social security number to participate.
- This external referral program is effective as of September 21, 2016 and will extend until further notice from LEARN.
- The terms and conditions of this external referral bonus program are subject to change or termination at any time in LEARN’s sole discretion.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
By submitting a referral you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined by this program.